Manis Alternation and Dressmaking - Asked for a quote, received a bill
I went in to get a quote on the tailoring of my blazer jacket. The owner gave me a quote of $70 which I felt was too expensive. I told him I was going to think about it and return if I wanted the offer. He tells me that his wife is the actual one who does the tailoring and will ask if she can do it for a lower price. He also tells me that I would have to leave my garment there because she was not in at the moment. I leave my blazer and leave. He got my number down and said he would call me the next day. I clearly state that no work was to be done before I received a phone call.
The next day, I get a call from the owner, Mr. Sabbaghan. He tells me that she has agreed to do it for $50. I tell him that I would like more time to think about it and would be stopping by later to get my jacket back. He then tells me that his wife has already started working on my jacket and I owe him $50 now. I was shocked. I only wanted a quote and that I did not want the service done. Things get heated on the phone pretty quickly as he starts to yell at me over the phone demanding that I pay him or I will never see my jacket again. He yells at me for 10mins and hangs up the phone on me.
On the third day, I get a phone call from Mr. Sabbaghan saying that my jacket is ready for pick up.
This guy is an ***! He tricks you into his service by telling you to leave your garment at the location for a "quote". I would never recommend this business to anyone. The owner is rude, very unprofessional, and a nightmare to deal with.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "So me and my mum got sucked into Twinkledeals and each bought the same grey tunic top which looked AMAZING on the model and in the picture (which I've helpfully..."
- "The title pretty much explains it all. Ordered a dress originally $45 or so dollars, on sale for $22.99. A deal. I had never bought clothes from the site and..."
- "I placed an order on November 6, 2014 for three items, the quality being extremely poor all three. However, what was gut-wrenching was that I purchased a dress which..."
- "I'm from Vancouver Canada, my issue is with Priceline.com. I was looking on their site for a good deal on flights from Seattle, WA to Accra, Ghana. My..."
- "Rented locker form them, paid 6 months in advance, bought lock from there only to come back and see all my possessions were stolen. The managers laugh at me in..."
- "Dishonest advertising.See picture below. Nowhere on the site has the sling back boots as $47. Or 90% off...."
- "My first purchase from this internet company of a 17.00 Hummingbird Feeder with a nearly $12.00 S&H charge, of which is 70 % of the cost. For some unknown reason, the..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."